Bowl for Kids' Sake is Big Brothers Big Sisters largest national fundraiser, raising over $20 million annually for children in need across the country. Because of Bowl for Kids' Sake, more Bigs and Littles can be paired up, more friendships can be created and improved outlooks on life can be started.
Le Mars Bowl for Kids' Sake is a fun and easy way to positively impact a child's life. Just follow the simple steps below to get started:
- Start a team: find 4-5 friends, family members, or co-workers to join your team.
- Determine who your team captain is going to be.
- The team captain needs to register first (Click 'Register' and then choose 'Create a Team').
- Once the captain has registered, team members can register (Click 'Register' and then choose 'Join a Team').
- Each bowler must raise a minimum of $100 to participate. The team must raise $500 in order to bowl. Most bowlers raise about $170, but some people raise over $1,000. What impact do you want to have? The best part is that all of the event expenses are underwritten by our corporate sponsors. That means 100% of the money raised by bowlers goes directly towards supporting children served by Big Brothers Big Sisters of Siouxland.
- Start Fundraising: share your fundraising page via email, social media, or host an event.
- Start bowling: once you have fundraised, it's time to HAVE FUN! Join us at Sweet 16 Lanes in Le Mars to celebrate your team's success with two hours of bowling, soda, and pizza. Remember, it's not about how good of a bowler you are, it's about celebrating the impact that the money your team collected will have on the Le Mars community.
So what are you waiting for? Start your team today! Partnering with Big Brothers Big Sisters of Siouxland through Le Mars Bowl for Kids' Sake makes a positive, long-lasting impact on children in your community. Our mentoring works. It works to help broaden children's perspectives and help them learn how to make good choices. It starts a child on the path to fulfilling their potential and succeeding in school and life.
Sweet 16 Lanes
- Thursday, August 10th