1.How do I register for Le Mars Bowl for Kids' Sake online?
Go to the Register button and complete the form. You will be guided through the registration process. Once your transaction is complete, you will receive a confirmation email receipt with a link to your fundraising webpage. You can also check out our short video.
2.Do I need to personalize my page?
People who edit their website to talk about why they are raising money for Big Brothers Big Sisters raise a lot more money than those who do not. It only takes a few minutes to add a picture and a few words. Check out this video for some ideas!
3.I am a Team Captain. What do I need to do?
1) Recruit 4 more people to join your team.
2) Sign up for a bowling session that works for your team.
3) Encourage team members to raise $100 or more to meet your team goal. You can share information about the impact of Big Brothers Big Sisters on your community, keep your team informed about incentive prizes, and communicate their success (Katie just got a $50 donation! Joel has already exceeded his goal of $100! Our team just surpassed the $1,000 mark!)
4) Have Fun! Join us at Sweet 16 Lanes in Le Mars to celebrate your team’s success! Remember, it’s not about how good of a bowler you are, it’s about celebrating the impact that the money your team collected will have on your community!
5) Say THANK YOU! Thank your team members for their time and commitment to participate! Don’t forget to say thank you to the people who donated to you! Contact them after the event to let them know how much money your team raised and thank them for supporting Big Brothers Big Sisters!
I need some quick ideas on how to fundraise. Any suggestions?
Check out these short videos on how to send emails and use social media to reach out to your networks. And don't forget about letters, phone calls, or even a bake sale. Get creative! Need more help? Give us a call! We're happy to brainstorm a few ideas with you!
How can I see who has donated to me and who has joined my team?
Sign in to your personal page (HQ) to view sponsors and teammates. See what else you can do in HQ in this short video.
Can friends and family make donations to me by going through the main website?
Yes. On the home page of the website, friends and family can locate you by clicking on the 'Donate to a Bowler' button. By typing in your name, they will be directed to your personalized pledge page.
Can my sponsors pay by cash or check?
Yes! Most bowlers find it easier to keep track of checks. You can enter your donations into your HQ and then mail everything to our office and we'll credit the money to your personal fundraising goal. Want to see how? Check out this video!
Where does the money raised from Le Mars Bowl for Kids' Sake go?
100% of the money raised through Le Mars Bowl for Kids' Sake stays here in our community. We currently have 20 matches in Le Mars and we are wanting to grow that number. We depend on the money raised from Le Mars Bowl for Kids' Sake to carry out the work of carefully matching children with caring adult mentors and providing ongoing support to the child, volunteer mentor and child's family. Check out the 'About Us' section to learn more about Big Brothers Big Sisters.
Why is the "Sponsor Bowler" search not finding a Bowler that I know has registered?
You must type in the first name or last name of the Bowler exactly how they entered it when they registered. Try using just the first few letters of someone's name if you're not sure how it's spelled. If you have a problem locating a bowler that you are sure has registered, please contact us.
How can I see who has donated to me?
Sign in to your HQ. You can then view your donor list and the amounts that have been donated. See what else you can do in HQ in this short video.
All of my donors are not showing up on the scroll mechanism. Why?
Some donors prefer to keep their gifts anonymous. When someone makes a donation, they can choose if they would like to have their name, donation amount, and/or a message appear on your personal page.
Is my information secure?
Yes. Engaging Networks has made every effort to protect your information. We use industry-standard SSL encryption techniques to make sure that your credit card information, passwords, and personal information travel securely over the Internet. We have also installed an encryption engine on our database server so that your data is securely stored.
What is the long website address in my confirmation receipt?
This website address will take you to your personal donation page. This address link is automatically included in any emails that are sent through the email center in event headquarters after you have logged into the website. You can also copy and paste this link into any other form of email.